ExpressVPN is available for use on Android and iOS devices, Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows operating systems. It is also available on Xbox, routers.
It presently has over 3,000 virtual servers across 160 locations in 94 countries including Brazil, Canada, United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, etc. With ExpressVPN, users can enjoy fast, secure, and anonymous connection on the internet. It has VPN protocols such as OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec. ExpressVPN now allows its users to connect up to 5 devices at a time on a single subscription.
ExpressVPN defies government restrictions and censorship to provide unrestricted, worldwide access for its user. It operates from the British Virgin Islands, a tax-free zone with no data retention laws. It offers unlimited access to your favorite content on the internet. It also provides its users with secure, anonymous internet experience. Users can use about five devices on a single subscription. To connect all the devices, use the ExpressVPN app for routers.
It provides an encrypted tunnel which directs all internet traffic on the server thereby protecting it from attackers. The application has 256-bit AES encryption feature to secure user traffic from malicious attacks. It allows P2P and torrenting.
Strict no logging policy
Out of respect for its users in ensuring utmost privacy, ExpressVPN maintains a strict"No Logging policy". Therefore, all browsing activity remain inaccessible to any third party, including the company. For instance, in December 2017, following an investigation of the death of Andrei Karlov, the Russian ambassador to Turkey, the app was reportedly used to delete relevant information from an assassin’s Gmail and Facebook accounts. The company was contacted to retrieve the data, however, they couldn’t find any logs as the company doesn’t store user activity or connection logs.
As stated on its website, ExpressVPN does not log essential files such as IP addresses, browsing history, DNS queries, traffic metadata, etc. on their system. To confirm adherence to this policy, all efforts to find useful information linking to the assassination of Andrei Karlov, the Russian ambassador to Turkey proved futile. There are specific data the company collects, however, which includes the server location, daily data transfer, applications activated, and time connected to the service.
Streaming Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime Video with ExpressVPN
Unlike some VPN providers, ExpressVPN has an advanced feature to stream Netflix from other countries, particularly the USA.
Netflix has security protocols, which makes it difficult for virtual servers to access it. There are only a few exceptions to this restriction. ExpressVPN provides servers that effectively bypass Netflix security. Although not all available servers are compatible with Netflix, a few USA servers work. To bypass the geo-block, you can try any of the following location servers, i.e., United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
ExpressVPN allows torrenting and P2PExpressVPN allows users to download torrents. This feature is an added advantage, unlike TunnelBear, which does not officially support torrenting. ExpressVPN also supports file sharing between devices.
Customer SupportExpressVPN has a reliable 24/7 live support team to ensure customer request, complaints, and suggestions are well attended to on time. On its website, it has a live chat feature which allows users to interact with its customer representatives. The support feature has been tested and rated amongst the best in the industry.
Pros and Cons
- It has Fast Speed: ExpressVPN servers are fast. With over 3000 servers in 94 countries, they provide high upload and download speed. Having tested up to 60 servers, the VPN has an average download speed of 80 Mbps, thus making it one of the fastest VPNs.
- It enhances Privacy: ExpressVPN has a lot of features which helps improve user privacy. Its servers provide anonymous IP, thus protecting user information. It has a kill switch protection feature which ensures no data leaks in case of faulty internet connection.
- Encryption:It provides high-level security layer to prevent data theft. With the 256-bit AES encryption feature, all data transmitted on the server are encrypted.
- Multiple Servers: It has over 3000 available servers rivaling NordVPN and Hotspot Shield which has about 5200 and 3200 servers respectively. ExpressVPN has servers in notable countries such as Canada, United Kingdom, Netherlands, United States of America, etc.
- Efficient Customer Support:It has a 24/7 365 available customer support team to attend to every issue.
- Great streaming capabilities: ExpressVPN supports Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO and other streaming services.
- Supports torrenting
- Anonymity: ExpressVPN is a pretty anonymous company. There is only limited information relating to it available online. There are no business contacts nor phone numbers on its website. Its Twitter page (@ExpressVPN) also contains only official information.
- Pricing: It has a high pricing list compared to other notable VPN services. Unlike NordVPN priced at £9.15/month, ExpressVPN has a monthly billing of £12.95/month. However, it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN is not available for computer alone. It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, iOS, and Android devices. It is also available for use on routers. ExpressVPN has browser extensions for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It is also available for Xbox, PlayStation, and Smart TVs.
ExpressVPN is a virtual private network service developed and released by Express VPN International and released in 2009. It provides virtual servers across 94 countries for its users. It is useful for bypassing government internet restrictions in a country.
It is a paid service and doesn’t have a free version. ExpressVPN provides high-speed unlimited bandwidth. It has three basic plans, i.e., $12.95/month, $9.99/month for six months, and $8.32/month for one year. To buy the software, click here. Compatible with all devices, ExpressVPN is a tested & trusted VPN. For more information, visit its website.