What Is a VPN?
A VPN is a Virtual Private Network. This is a server that provides an encrypted network connection providing security. Originally used for business communication between different branch offices, it has now become a common tool for consumers around the world looking to secure and protect their information.
When to use a VPN?
Most of the users choose VPN to enhance their privacy however to be more specific, VPN is often used for the following reasons:
- When you wish to access information that is not accessible in your country.
- When you want to prevent being logged whenever you torrent.
- When you want to access online streaming media such as Amazon Prime or iPlayer.
- When you want to hide your IP address.
- To secure your device from snoopers.
- When you want to transfer (download or upload) P2P Files in Privacy.
- When you want to break out of the restrictive network connection, e.g., at school or work.
- When you want to use search engines and avoid your searches being logged.